ANNANDALE-ON-HUDSON, N.Y. — Sophomore Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) posted a time of 23:39 and finished in 87th place leading the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's cross country team to a 16th place finish out of 19 scoring teams in the Bard College Invitational on Saturday morning.
- Doherty crossed the line first the Bears in her two-year career. The sophomore showed a 3:32 improvement from last week's race at Purchase for a personal-best 5K time.
- Junior Rebeca Ramirez and senior Kristen Candelaria finished in second and third for SJC, clocking in at 24:17 and 24:18, to secure top-100 finishes.
- Sophomore Victoria Mahoney (25:56) and freshman Tamarre Phajou (30:25) rounded out the scoring five for the Bears. Phajou shaved off over five minutes in only her second collegiate meet.
The Bear Facts
- The Bears edged out SUNY College of Old Westbury by 56 points to finish eighth among the nine Skyline Conference squads in the meet. St. Joseph's also finished ahead of the College of Staten Island and Berkeley College in the 19-team field.
- Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences took the team title with a score of 61.
Next Up for the Bears
- St. Joseph's harriers continue their season next weekend at the York College Invitational on Sunday, September 25 at 10 a.m. at Van Cortlandt Park.