THROGGS NECK, N.Y. — Senior Kristen Candelaria (Jamaica, N.Y./Archbishop Molloy) finished with 17 saves but the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's soccer team endured a 4-0 road loss to Maritime College on Wednesday evening.
- Final Score: Maritime 4, St. Joseph's 0
- Records: Maritime (4-11), St. Joseph's (1-10)
- Location: Throggs Neck, N.Y. – Reinhart Field
How It Happened
- Despite missing five starters due to various injuries and playing a woman down for the entire contest, the Bears did well to defend and kept the game scoreless over the first 36 minutes of action.
- But Maritime found the back of the net with their 13th shot of the game and scored three times in the final nine minutes, Jessica Yee's two markers leading the Privateers into the lockers with a 3-0 lead.
- St. Joseph's defended well and nearly posted a second-half shutout until a penalty kick was awarded in the penultimate minute and Gayle Woods placed it low right for the lone goal of the half.
- The Bears did generate some offense in the final 45 and earned four corner kicks and fired off two shots, both by Kirsthie Rodriguez, one prompting a Privateer save.
For the Bears
- Kristen Candelaria finished with 17 saves for the second straight game.
- Kirsthie Rodriguez recorded the lone two shots for St. Joseph's.
The Bear Facts
- Maritime remains undefeated in the all-time series, the teams meeting three times since 2014.
Next up for St. Joseph's
The Bears face borough rivals Brooklyn College on Saturday, October 15th in a road battle starting at noon.