KING'S POINT, N.Y. — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's volleyball team fell to .500 dropping a straight-set decision to first-place United States Merchant Marine Academy in Skyline Conference action on Sunday morning.
- Final Score: USMMA 3, St. Joseph's 0
- Set Scores: 25-12, 25-15, 25-11
- Records: USMMA (15-8, 7-1) SJC Brooklyn (10-10, 2-7 Skyline)
- Location: Kings Point, N.Y. — Liebertz Gymnasium
How It Happened
- The Mariners took the opening eight points of the match and jumped out to early leads in all three frames and never trailed.
- St. Joseph's had mini runs of four straight points and five straight in the second and third stanzas, but couldn't cut into the early deficits.
For the Bears
- Freshman Elizabeth Quahliero led the Bears attack with five kills and also stuffed three blocks.
- Sophomore Nina DiCioccio and freshman Valentina Urgo both added three kills with DiCioccio aiding the defense with eight digs.
- Freshman Alanna Palomino chipped in 12 assists and seven digs.
- Freshman Paige Csikortos brought up a career-high 12 digs, the only bear to finish in double figures.
The Bear Facts
- USMMA has taken all three meetings in the series that began in 2013.
Next up for St. Joseph's
The Bears return home for their final two games at The Hill Center this season. St. Joseph's hosts John Jay College in a non-conference match on Tuesday, October 25 starting at 7 p.m. with live stats and video on SJCBears.com.