JAMAICA, N.Y. — Junior Denise Trerotola (Brooklyn, N.Y./St. Savior) posted a shutout victory in singles against York College to set the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's tennis program record for career singles victories. Two other Bears collected their first collegiate wins in a 7-2 triumph over the Cardinals on Friday afternoon.
- Final Score: St. Joseph's 7, York 2
- Records: St. Joseph's (2-7), York (0-10)
- Location: Jamaica, N.Y.
- Denise Trerotola went undefeated on the afternoon dropping just one game over her singles and doubles matches. She teamed up with Daniella Alva (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) for an 8-1 win in doubles and prevailed 6-0, 6-0 for the record-clinching win at No. 1 singles.
- Alva was also unbeaten over both ends, downing her opponent at No. 2 singles, 6-2, 6-1 for her second singles win of the season.
- Lilianna McKenna (Robbinsville, N.J. / Laurel Springs) and Jennifer Garcia (Brooklyn, N.Y.) both notched her first collegiate singles win in convincing fashion with 6-0, 6-0 wins at No. 4 and No. 5 singles, respectively.
- McKenna and Isabella Benitez (New York, N.Y./Manhattan Bridges) played a hard-fought match at No. 2 singles but fell in a tiebreaker, 9-8 (10-4).
The Bear Facts
- Trerotola improves to 17-16 over her career in singles. Improving to 6-3 on the season in singles play, she needs one more win to tie the program record for singles wins in a season.
- St. Joseph's improves to 2-1 in non-conference play and 2-3 all-time vs. York.
Next Up for the Bears
- The Bears face borough rivals Brooklyn College for a non-conference road match on Monday (Oct. 16) starting at 4 p.m.