BRONXVILLE, N.Y. — Junior Denise Trerotola (Brooklyn, N.Y./St. Saviour) dropped just one game in her fourth straight singles win and sophomore Valentina Velez Valencia (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) notched her first singles win of the season to collect the lone points for the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's tennis team in a 7-2 Skyline Conference defeat at Sarah Lawrence College on Tuesday evening.
- Final Score: Sarah Lawrence 7, St. Joseph's 2
- Records: Sarah Lawrence (2-7, 1-3), St. Joseph's (1-4, 0-4)
- Location: Bronxville, N.Y.
- Valentina Velez Valencia put up the first point on the board for the Bears with her first singles win of the season, prevailing 6-3, 6-3 at No. 4 singles over Julianne Fiubres.
- Denise Trerotola cruised at No. 1 singles bypassing Alexis Nanavety 6-1, 6-0 for her fourth straight singles win.
- Trerotola and Daniella Alva teamed up and nearly ground out a point in the pairs session, but fell by a break, 8-6, at No. 1 doubles.
The Bear Facts
- Matching the longest singles win streak of her career, Trerotola improves her career singles record to 15-14. She needs just one more wins to tie Jessica Lintner '10 as the Bears' all-time singles wins leader.
Next Up for the Bears
- A return home to the USTA National Tennis Center to take on John Jay College on Thursday (Oct. 5). First serve for the non-conference tilt is set for 7 p.m.