BRONX, N.Y. — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's swimming team won nine of 15 events in a non-conference dual meet at Lehman College, but were edged out of their first win of the season, 113-111, in a non-conference dual meet on Friday evening.
Eireann Corbett (Woodhaven, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy), Rebecca Bollmann (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) and Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) each won two individual events in the meet.
- Corbett won the 1000-yard freestyle (14:36.81) for the first event win for SJC and later took the 100-yard freestyle (1:09.10) followed closely by Natalie Montez (1:13.02) in second.
- Bollmann was victorious in the 50-yard breaststroke (38.38) and 100-yard breaststroke (1:24.71).
- Doherty touched the wall first in the 50-yard butterfly (31.17) and 100-yard butterfly, swimming a season-best (1:10.83).
- Valerie Rodriguez (Woodhaven, N.Y./New Utrecht) paired a triumph in the 50-yard backstroke (36.83) with a second-place finish in the 100-yard backstroke (1:21.32).
- The Bears took both relays with Rodriguez, Bollman, Jessica Gnad (Brooklyn, N.Y./Leon M. Goldstein), and Montez prevailing in the 200-yard medley relay and Doherty, Kathryn Cosenza (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney), Bollmann, and Gnad taking the 400-yard freestyle relay.
Next Up for the Bears
With their meet against borough foes Brooklyn College canceled, the Bears (0-5) return to Skyline Conference action meeting USMMA and Old Westbury on Friday (Dec. 7) in Kings Point, N.Y. starting at 6 p.m.