NEW YORK — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's swimming team set new program records in the 200-yard medley relay and the 50-yard medley relay but couldn't reach the .500 mark falling to Hunter College, 55-38, on Friday evening, snapping a two-win streak.
- Women's Final: Hunter def. St. Joseph's, 55-38
- Records: Hunter (4-1), St. Joseph's (3-5)
- Location: New York, N.Y.
- Pool: Hunter College Pool
- In the meet's first event, the quartet of Julia Dineen, Rebecca Bollmann, Jessica Gnad and Shannon Doherty lowered their program-record in the 200-yard medley relay swimming 2:08.70 but fell by a split second to the host Hawks.
- Sophomore Shannon Doherty bettered her record in the 50-yard freestyle swimming 27.09, good for second place.
- Senior Julia Dineen swam two personal bests in the 100-yard backstroke (1:14.98) and the 50-yard freestyle (30.16) securing a second and third place finish.
- Rebecca Bollmann later collected a second-place finish in the 200-yard individual medley with a season-best 2:43.43 and a third-place finish in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:22.27)
Next Up for the Bears
The men return to action with the women as the both squads wraps up their schedule for the calendar year heading to borough foes Brooklyn College for a dual meet on Wednesday, December 7th starting at 6 p.m.