FARMINGDALE, N.Y. — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's soccer team couldn't carry the momentum of their first Skyline Conference victory suffering a 7-0 conference setback to perennial league powerhouse Farmingdale State College on Tuesday evening.
- Final Score: Farmingdale State 7, St. Joseph's 0
- Records: Farmingdale State (5-4-2, 2-0), St. Joseph's (5-4, 1-2)
- Location: Farmingdale, N.Y.
How It Happened
- Playing a woman down from the outset, the Bears faced a 26-0 shot differential in the first half, but managed to maintain a 2-0 halftime deficit with Rebecca Bollmann making eight first-half saves. Tyra Lyons got the hosts on the board in the 17th minute on a shot from distance.
- The second stanza saw the hosts tack on two quick goals in less than four minutes and ballooned the lead adding on two more before 12 minutes elapsed in the half.
For the Bears
- Bollmann finished with 13 saves in defeat.
The Bear Facts
- Farmingdale State has won nine of the last 10 league titles and was predicted to repeat as champions in the preseason coaches' poll.
Next Up for the Bears
- A Skyline matchup on the road, heading to Old Westbury on Saturday (Oct. 7) for a noon kick-off. Live stats will be available at SJCBears.com.