BROOKLYN, N.Y. — St. Joseph's College (Long Island) scored three-first half goals and handed the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's soccer team a 4-0 setback on Thursday afternoon at Aviator Field
- Final Score: SJC Long Island 4, SJC Brooklyn 0
- Records: SJC Long Island (4-7-1), St. Joseph's (1-8)
- Location: Brooklyn, N.Y. – Aviator Sports and Events Center
How It Happened
- The Bears sibling rivals needed just 2:22 to get on the board when Mackenzie Nyitray scored her third of the season putting in a loose back in the box.
- The Golden Eagles kept the pressure on the Bears who were on their heels for most of the game, but two quick goals by Christina Gagliardi in the 20th and 22nd minutes gave a 3-0 separation at the half.
- Brooklyn defended well for most of the second stanza and kept the frame scoreless until just Katelyn Jones put back a rebound with just under 10 minutes in regulation.
Post-Game Tweet - Head Coach Gary Lawson
Proud of my team. Worked hard for each other. Never happy to lose, but we defended well against a team that went to '15 NCAA tourney https://t.co/JfuBRVwujK— Gary Lawson Soccer (@grlawson) October 7, 2016
For the Bears
- Kristen Candelaria faced 45 shots and finished with 18 saves in net.
The Bear Facts
- Long Island has won all four meetings in the all-time series.
Next up for St. Joseph's
The Bears have a day off before returning to action on Saturday, October 8th hosting Purchase College at St. John's University. Kick-off is slated for 2 p.m. with live stats and video on SJCBears.com