BROOKLYN, N.Y. — After a five-game road stand to open the season, the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's soccer team played their first game of the season at Aviator Field, but dropped a 9-0 decision to SUNY College at Old Westbury in front of the home crowd.
- Final Score: Old Westbury 8, St. Joseph's 0
- Records: Old Westbury (3-4), St. Joseph's (2-4)
- Location: Brooklyn, N.Y. – Aviator Sports and Events Center
How It Happened
- The visitors got on the board in the 11th minute the first of three tallies in the first half.
- After the intermission, the Panthers struck five more times with Melissa Outsen leading the offense, playing a part in six scores, putting two in herself and assisting on four others.
- St. Joseph's gained a corner kick in each half but couldn't register a shot against the Panther defense.
For the Bears
- Kristen Candelaria faced 25 Panther shots and finished with eight saves, seven in the first half.
The Bear Facts
- Old Westbury takes both meetings in the series that started last season.
Next up for St. Joseph's
The Bears will return to Aviator Field for a non-conference road game against City College of New York on Thursday, September 29th starting at 4 p.m.