|Purchase (1-17, 1-10 Skyline)
St. Joseph's (Brooklyn) (5-14, 4-6 Skyline)
|Date/Time:||Saturday, January 30 • 4 p.m.|
|Arena:||The Hill Center|
|Coverage:||Live Stats | Video | Game Program|
|St. Joseph's:||Roster | Schedule | Statistics | NCAA Rankings|
|Purchase:||Roster | Schedule | Statistics | NCAA Rankings|
|Skyline:||Standings | Statistical Leaders|
|All-Time Series:||SJC leads 11-2|
|Last Meeting:||SJC won 76-66|
|Date | Location:||1/4/2016 | Purchase, N.Y.|
|Streak:||SJC won 2|
The Bear Facts
- The Lady Bears look to return to the win column and halt a four-game skid after dropping an 81-53 road decision to Mount Saint Mary on Tuesday. Destiny Marino led the Lady Bears in defeat with 16 points and Erica Eddy added 15 points on four treys.
- SJC tries to sweep the season series with Purchase earning a 76-66 triumph earlier this month. The Lady Bears used a big second quarter to take the lead for good and placed four in double figures led by Marino's 18 points and Victoria Porcasi's 17 points. Samantha Simon contributed 12 points and Eddy chipped in 11.
- Sophomore Destiny Marino pours in a Skyline third-best 17.6 points a game, and leads the league in free throw attempts and makes.
- Two-time Rookie of the Week Victoria Porcasi has averaged 16.6 points over the last five games and the sniper still sits atop the Skyline in FT% (84.8) and second in 3-point FG% (37.0)
- Senior Erica Eddy has found her stroke shooting 64.3% (9-14) from three-point land and 44.4% (12-27) from the field the last two games. She rounds out three averaging double-figures with 11.3 points a game with 4.4 rebounds.
Welcome back Alumni! Bears & Lady Bears Play 4Kay
One of the annual highlights on the schedule, the athletic department welcomes all the SJC alumni returning to campus for Alumni Hoops Day! The alumni games start at 1 p.m.
Fans are encouraged to join the players, coaches and staff in wearing pink to the game as the Bears and Lady Bears will participate in their first Play 4Kay game and raise money for the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. Special edition pink t-shirts will be sold for $10 and fans will have a chance to make a donation or pledge a donation based on the amount of three pointers made in each game.
Eddy Lands on Skyline Honor Roll
- After scoring a career-high 20 points vs. first-place Sage, knocking down 5-of-6 three pointers, senior Erica Eddy was named to the Skyline weekly honor roll, the first of her career.
- SJC leads the Skyline in three-pointers made (7.4; #13 in D3), three-pointers attempted (26.7; #5 in D3) and free throws made (14.8; #20 in D3).
- Destiny Marino's Skyline-leading 131 free throws attempted ranks #8 in the nation.
- Purchase comes to The Hill Center looking to snap a 10-game losing streak and tries to split the season series with St. Joseph's.
- The Panthers come off a 69-41 loss on Tuesday to top-ranked Sage whom the Lady Bears dropped a 68-60 decision last week.
- Purchase protects the ball well ranked third in the league in turnover margin (+1) but despite three listed at 6-feet or taller, Purchase surrenders a -15.1 rebound margin, second-worst in the league.
- 6-foot senior Elizabeth Osowiecki leads the Panthers with 14.5 points (6th in Skyline) and 6.1 rebounds a game. The forward also ranks among the league leaders with a 72.5% free throw percentage (4th in Skyline)
- Allison Haugh directs the offense with 3.4 assists a game (5th in Skyline) and nets 11.4 points a contest, just outside the top 10.
- 6-foot-1 sophomore Danielle Holmes adds 8.2 points a game with 6.3 boards.