PATCHOGUE, N.Y. — Sophomores Rebecca Bollman (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy), Jessica Gnad (Brooklyn, N.Y./Leon M. Goldstein), and Kathryn Cosenza (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) combined to win four events, but the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's swimming team dropped an 86-78 decision to St. Joseph's College (Long Island) on Sunday to finish the season at 6-9-1.
The meet came down to the final event with the Golden Eagles using a four-second victory in the 200-yard freestyle relay to split the season series.
- Final: SJC Long Island 86, SJC Brooklyn 78
- Records: SJC Long Island (7-7), SJC Brooklyn (6-9-1)
- Location: Patchogue, N.Y.
- Pool: Danzi Center Pool
- Fresh of setting a new program record in the 200-yard medley relay, the quartet of Valerie Rodriguez (Brooklyn, N.Y./New Utrecht), Rebecca Bollmann (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy), Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) and Kathryn Cosenza (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) combined again to take the first of five event wins for the Bears with a five-second victory (2:12.02).
- Rebecca Bollmann would pace the team with two individual event wins taking the 100-yard individual medley in 1:14.27 and the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:22.87.
- Jessica Gnad notched a four-second win in the 100-yard butterfly touching the wall in 1:11.76, just a fraction of a second slower than her personal best.
- Kathryn Cosenza made three straight victories for the Bears winning the 100-yard freestyle in 1:06.91.
- Shannon Doherty picked up a pair of second-place finishes in the 50-yard freestyle (27.48) and the 100-yard butterfly (1:15.02).
- Valerie Rodriguez scored second-place points in the 100-yard backstroke (1:18.37).
- Senior Brianna Minogue (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) concluded her four-year career for the Bears securing a third-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle (2:42.77), fourth place in the 100-yard freestyle (1:14.24) and leading off the closing 200-yard freestyle relay.