PATCHOGUE, N.Y. — Junior Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) and sophomore Rebecca Bollmann (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) both collected individual event wins to help the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's swimming team to a 139-77 triumph over sibling rivals St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) on Saturday afternoon. Both the women and men fell to Mount Saint Mary College in the Skyline double dual meet.
- Women's Final: SJC Brooklyn def. SJC Long Island, 139-77; Mount Saint Mary def. SJC Brooklyn, 145-85; Mount Saint Mary def. SJC Long Island, 162-60;
- Women's Records: SJC Brooklyn (4-6, 3-3), SJC Long Island (4-4, 1-5), Mount Saint Mary (7-1, 5-0)
- Men's Scores: Mount Saint Mary def. SJC Brooklyn, 183-12
- Men's Records: Mount Saint Mary (4-3, 3-1), SJC Brooklyn (0-7, 0-5)
- Location: Patchogue, N.Y.
- Pool: Danzi Center Pool
- Junior Shannon Doherty was victorious in the 100-yard freestyle (1:02.73), nabbed second in the 100-yard butterfly (1:08.86) and third in 100-yard IM (1:13.39).
- Sophomore Rebecca Bollmann led a Bears one-two in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:22.40) followed by classmate Jessica Gnad (Brooklyn, N.Y./Leon M. Goldstein) (1:23.95). Bollmann also nabbed second in the 50-yard breaststroke (37:58).
- Sophomore Valerie Rodriguez (Woodhaven, N.Y. / New Utrecht) finished in second in the 50-yard backstroke (35.32) followed by freshman Kathleen O'Dea (Brooklyn, N.Y./Bishop Kearney) (35.40) in third. Rodriguez also took second in the 100-yard backstroke (1:19.36).
- Sophomore Juan Sandoval (Ridgewood, N.Y./Christ the King) was the top point collector for the men with a pair of third-place finishes in the 50-yard freestyle (27.94) and 100-yard freestyle (1:16.49).
The Bear Facts
- The victory over the Golden Eagles is just the second in the 10th meeting of the all-time series that started in 2009. The Bears only other win came on December 6, 2013.
- Collecting their third Skyline victory, the Bears have surpassed their previous best win total, now in their third season in the league. With one league meet remaining against USMMA (Jan. 10), the Bears can compile a winning Skyline record for the first time in program history.
Next Up for the Bears
- The Bears jump back in the pool on Monday, facing John Jay College in a women's only dual meet starting at 6 p.m.