PURCHASE, N.Y. — Sophomore Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) bettered her own SJC records in four events at the season-ending Skyline Conference Championships leading the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's swimming team to a seventh place finish out of nine teams. Freshman Rebecca Bollmann (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) etched her name on her second record claiming the 200-yard breaststroke record.
- Date: January 27-28, 2017
- Women's Final Results: 1. USMMA, 2. Mount Saint Mary, 3. Sarah Lawrence, 4. Maritime, 5. SJC Long Island, 6. Purchase, 7. SJC Brooklyn, 8. Old Westbury, 9. Mount Saint Vincent
- Men's Final Results: 1. USMMA, 2. Maritime, 3. Mount Saint Mary, 4. Sarah Lawrence, 5. Old Westbury, 6. Purchase
- Location: Purchase, N.Y.
- Pool: Purchase College Pool
- Sophomore Shannon Doherty lowered her own individual records in the 200-yard freestyle (2:18.51), 50-yard freestyle (26.57), 100-yard freestyle (58.97), and 100-yard butterfly (1:07.03). She became the first woman to crack the 1-minute barrier in the 100-yard freestyle and was the top point collector earning 14.5 of the team's 37 points for the championships.
- Rebecca Bollmann broke the 200-yard breaststroke record finishing in 10th place with a time of 2:58.77.
- Jessica Gnad recorded the highest individual placing earning sixth place in the 200-yard butterfly (2:57.64). The freshman also set personal bests in the 200-yard freestyle (2:28.53) and 100-yard freestyle (1:07.04).
- The quartet of Doherty, Gnad, Bollmann and Julia Dineen teamed up to earn 14 points in the 400-yard freestyle relay taking 7th in 4:23.78.
- Senior Julia Dineen closed out her four-year career for the Bears swimming a personal best 1:14.78 in the 100-yard backstroke.
- Junior Brianna Minogue swam a personal-best 7:20.10 in the 500-yard freestyle.
- Freshman Juan Sandoval posted season-best times of 1:44.75 in the 100-yard breaststroke and 1:12.93 in the 100-yard freestyle.
- Freshman Kathryn Cosenza clocked in at 1:28.13 in the 100-yard breaststroke, her fastest time this season.
- Junior Jennifer Kravitz also posted a personal best in the 100-yard breaststroke (2:31.51).
- Freshman Valerie Rodriguez swam three personal bests in the 100-yard backstroke (1:17.82), 200-yard backstroke (2:50.27) and 100-yard butterfly (2:52.52).