THROGGS NECK, N.Y. — Sophomore Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) etched her name on two new program records as the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's and women's swimming teams dropped a Skyline Conference dual meet to Maritime College on Tuesday evening. The women fell 126-58 while the men suffered a 113-34 setback.
- Women's Final: Maritime def. St. Joseph's, 126-58
- Women's Records: Maritime (5-5, 4-4), St. Joseph's (5-8, 2-6)
- Men's Final: Maritime def. St. Joseph's, 113-34
- Men's Records: Maritime (7-1, 5-1), St. Joseph's (0-9, 0-6)
- Location: Throggs Neck, N.Y.
- Pool: Risenberg Aquatic Center
- Sophomore Shannon Doherty lowered her program record in the 50-yard freestyle clocking in at 26.86, the first sub-27-second time in school history. She was edged out at the wall by .01 seconds to finish in second place. Later she put her name on her eighth record besting the 100-yard butterfly mark by over two seconds with time of 1:09.40, also earning second place points.
- Rebecca Bollmann won the lone individual event on the evening for the Bears taking the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:21.10 besting Emily Zink by .79 seconds. She also took third in the 200-yard individual medley (2:47.79).
- The quartet of Julia Dineen, Bollman, Jessica Gnad and Doherty teamed up to win the opening 200-yard medley relay with a time of 2:09.85.
- Junior Brianna Minogue swam a season-best 2:31.63 in the 200-yard freestyle but was out-touched at the wall by .06 seconds for first. She also added third-place points in the 100-yard freestyle (1:11.37).
- Senior Julia Dineen earned second place in the 100-yard backstroke (1:17.29).
Next Up for the Bears
The men and women will close out the regular season with a dual meet at Baruch College on Monday, January 23 starting at 7 p.m.