STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Sophomore Shannon Doherty (Brooklyn, N.Y./Churchill) collected a pair of event wins and freshman Rebecca Bollmann (Broad Channel, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) notched a victory but the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) women's swimming team dropped a 117-72 decision to the College of Staten Island on Thursday evening. Senior Drew Kingman (Wilton, Conn./Wilton) collected two second-place finishes to pace the men in defeat.
- Women's Final: Staten Island def. St. Joseph's, 117-72
- Women's Records: Staten Island (4-4), St. Joseph's (5-7)
- Men's Final: Staten Island def. St. Joseph's, 167-25
- Men's Records: Staten Island (5-1), St. Joseph's (0-8)
- Location: Staten Island, N.Y.
- Pool: CSI Sports and Recreation Center
- Sophomore Shannon Doherty took first in the 50-yard freestyle (27.56) winning by .2 of a second. She later captured first in the 100-yard butterfly with a season-best time of 1:12.29 as she and Jessica Gnad finished one-two in the event just over a second apart.
- Rebecca Bollmann won the 100-yard breaststroke by over 13 seconds clocking in at 1:22.51. The freshman also added a second-place finish in the 200-yard individual medley (2:46.40).
- Senior Drew Kingman paced the men taking second in the 200-yard individual medley (2:11.59) and the 100-yard breaststroke (1:08.30).
- Freshman Eireann Corbett earned second-place points in the 200-yard freestyle (2:33.52) and 500-yard freestyle (7:07.83), posting a season best in the shorter event.
- Senior Matthew Ramirez swam a season-best 8:58.00 in the 500-yard freestyle to take second in the event.
- Freshman Margaret Colon lowered her personal best in the 100-yard breaststroke by nearly three seconds finishing in third in 1:53.41.
- Senior Julia Dineen earned a pair of third-place finishes while junior Brianna Minogue, Kathryn Cosenza and Cesar Oviedo also collected a third place each.
Next Up for the Bears
The men and women will resume Skyline Conference action on Tuesday, January 17 with a dual meet at Maritime College starting at 7 p.m.