BROOKLYN, N.Y. — Junior Thomas Ambrosino (Staten Island, N.Y./New Dorp) put away six kills and Alec Smalley (Fresh Meadows, N.Y./St. Francis Prep) added five kills as the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's volleyball team suffered a pair of straight-set non-conference losses to Hunter College and Arcadia University on Saturday morning.
- Final Score: Hunter def. St. Joseph's 3-0; Arcadia def. St. Joseph's, 3-0
- Set Scores vs. Hunter: 25-5, 25-5, 25-13
- Set Scores vs. Arcadia: 25-7, 25-9, 25-9
- Records: Arcadia (4-2), Hunter (6-2), St. Joseph's (0-7)
- Location: New York, N.Y.
- Arena: Hunter Sportsplex
How It Happened vs. Hunter
- Thomas Ambrosino led the Bears with five kills and Alec Smalley had three kills with Mark Antoun dishing out all eight assists.
- There were eight ties and two lead changes in the match with a 4-0 run in the third giving the Bears a 6-4 lead.
How It Happened vs. Arcadia
- Alec Smalley had two kills and six digs and Andre Williams, Thomas Ambrosino, Marek Mlynarski put down one kill each.
- The Bears took an early lead in the third but couldn't keep pace with 35 kills and .338 hitting in the match from Arcadia.
Next Up for the Bears
- St. Joseph's will face borough rivals Brooklyn College on Wednesday, February 8th starting at 6 p.m.