BROOKLYN, N.Y. — Junior Thomas Ambrosino (Staten Island, N.Y./New Dorp) totaled seven kills on the afternoon but the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's volleyball team dropped a pair of straight set decisions to City College of New York and Mount Ida College on day two of the inaugural Clinton Hill Classic on Saturday afternoon.
- Final Score: CCNY def. St. Joseph's, 3-0; Mount Ida def. St. Joseph's 3-0
- Set Scores vs. CCNY: 25-11, 25-7, 25-12
- Set Scores vs. Mount Ida: 25-10, 25-7, 25-2
- Records: CCNY (1-1), Mount Ida (2-1), St. Joseph's (0-3)
- Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Arena: The Hill Center
How It Happened vs. CCNY
- The Beavers won the opening six points of the match and never trailed. Five different Beavers combined for 24 kills led by David Cham and Sebastjano Aga who slammed seven each. Six different players also served up an ace, totaling 23 aces.
- Thomas Ambrosino was the only Bear to land multiple kills putting away three. Angelo Goutzinopoulos chipped in a kill and Alec Smalley had an ace and a block.
How It Happened vs. Mount Ida
- The Mustangs overpowered the Bears with 26 kills against only six errors to hit .455 for the match. They were also equally as efficient from the service line serving up a 24 aces. Rob Blanco led Mount Ida with six kills, eight aces, three digs, and a block.
- Thomas Ambrosino finished with multiple kills for the second straight match landing a team-high four and also led the defense with four digs. Angelo Goutzinopolous and McNeilsen Saint-Jean each had a kill and Andre Williams had a game-high two blocks.
Next Up for the Bears
- The Bears will conclude the Clinton Hill Classic tomorrow facing John Jay College (2-1) at 9 a.m. and the City College of New York (1-1) at 11 a.m. Live stats and video can be found at SJCBears.com.