BROOKLYN, N.Y. — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's volleyball team played their first game under new head coach Mark Ledwich, but fell in straight sets to John Jay College on Friday evening on day one of the inaugural Clinton Hill Classic.
- Final Score: John Jay 3, St. Joseph's 0
- Set Scores: 25-14, 25-11, 25-5
- Records: John Jay (1-1), St. Joseph's (0-1)
- Location: Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Arena: The Hill Center
How It Happened
- John Jay never trailed at any point in the match and used a balanced attack that saw eight different Bloodhounds combine for 31 kills and hit .500 for the contest (31-7-48). The visitors landed 23 service aces but were also plagued by 17 service errors.
For the Bears
- Junior Thomas Ambrosino led the Bears attack with three kills.
- Junior McNeilsen Saint-Jean added a kill in his first collegiate game.
- Junior Alec Smalley distributed three assists and had a service ace.
- Senior Marek Mlynarski had three digs to lead the defense.
Next Up for the Bears
- The Bears will resume day two of the Clinton Hill Classic tomorrow facing City College of New York (0-1) at 1 p.m. followed by Mount Ida College (1-0) at 3 p.m. Live stats and video can be found at SJCBears.com.