OLD WESTBURY, N.Y. — Taking the pitch for the last time in 2017, the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's soccer team fell by a final score of 5-0 at SUNY College at Old Westbury on Wednesday night.
- Final Score: Old Westbury 5, St. Joseph's 0
- Records: Old Westbury (9-5-3, 5-3-1), St. Joseph's (1-14-1, 0-9-0)
- Location: Old Westbury, N.Y. — Panther Park
How It Happened
- Old Westbury did not hesitate to open the scoring, as Dominick Guidice took a rebound off of the Bears' keeper and tapped it into an open net (10') for a 1-0 lead. The Panthers continued the hot start, scoring twice in the 16th minute (both by Jorey Garcia) to take a commanding 3-0 advantage.
- Jorey Garcia completed the hat trick for the hosts in the 36th minute putting them up 4-0, which would hold until intermission. At the half, the Panthers outshot SJC 11-5, while Julian Rodriguez saved three shots for the visitors.
- Old Westbury tacked on their fifth netter in the 53rd. The Bears failed to answer and the Panthers came away with their fifth league triumph of 2017.
For the Bears
- Rodriguez saved three of the seven shots he saw before being subbed out at the half in favor of rookie Alejandro Oliveros. Oliveros finished with seven saves on eight shots against.
- Leading scorer Kenneth Garcia paced the offense, firing five shots on the night.
The Bear Facts
- The Bears fall to 0-3 all-time against Old Westbury.