NEW YORK — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's soccer team took on Baruch College on Randall's Island on Friday night. A quick Bearcat goal in the third minute gave them an early lead, and three more in the second half were enough to down the Bears 4-0.
- Final Score: Baruch 4, St. Joseph's 0
- Records: Baruch (7-6), St. Joseph's (1-11-1)
- Location: New York — Randall's Island Field #75
How It Happened
- Baruch found the back of the net almost immediately, as Austin Tucker scored on a through ball from Kevin Zhagui for a 1-0 advantage. No other scoring occurred in the first, as Baruch outshot SJC 19-4, and Alejandro Oliveros (Brooklyn, N.Y./Grover Cleveland) snagged 11 saves in the period.
- The Bears offense continued to stall after intermission, as they were only able to get three shots off in the second. The Bearcats netted insurance goals in the 54th, 69th, and 72nd (Tucker's second) minutes to secure their seventh win of the year.
For the Bears
- Kenneth Garcia (Elmhurst, N.Y./Bayside) and Matthews Avendano (East Elmhurst, N.Y./Monsignor McClancy) led the offense, firing two shots each.
- Oliveros came away with 14 saves on the night, his third career game with double-digits.
The Bear Facts
- This was men's soccer's first-ever meeting with Baruch.
Next Up for the Bears
- A return to Skyline play, heading to Votee Park to battle Yeshiva on Tuesday (Oct. 17). Kick-off is 8 p.m. with live stats at SJCBears.com.