PORT WASHINGTON, N.Y. — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's soccer team hung tough with first place Mount Saint Mary College, but two first half goals from Joey Dolan resulted in a 2-0 loss for the Bears on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
- Final Score: Mount Saint Mary 2, St. Joseph's 0
- Records: Mount Saint Mary (8-5, 7-0 Skyline), St. Joseph's (5-8, 3-4 Skyline)
- Location: Port Washington, N.Y. – Paul Schreiber H.S. Field
How It Happened
- An close first half saw the Knights hold just an 8-7 edge in shots, but the visitors drew first blood in the 25th minute when Joey Dolan put back a rebound off a Matt Fuge shot that was blocked by the defense.
- Dolan scored his second of the game from the spot when a penalty was awarded for a hand ball in the box in the 32nd minute.
- The Bears outshot the Knights in the second half, 8-5, looking to close the gap, but only two shots found the target and Tyler Biscone finished with five saves for the clean sheet.
- In the other net, Julian Rodriguez made eight saves facing 13 Mount Saint Mary shots.
For the Bears
- Beka Goduadze fired off a game-best six shots with three on goal.
- Thomas Mastoras and Mateusz Georges each registered a shot on goal, Mastoras taking four attempts with Georges one fewer.
The Bear Facts
- Mount Saint Mary takes both meetings in the series that started last year with the Knights prevailing 6-1.
- Of the Knights seven Skyline Conference wins, five have come via shutout—SJC Long Island, Sage, Maritime and Farmingdale—and the Knights have only surrendered three goals in league play.
- The loss drops the Bears outside the bubble of Skyline Championship contention in seventh place at 3-4, just three points behind sixth place, with four league games remaining—Purchase (0-6-1), Maritime (2-4), Mount Saint Vincent (4-2), Old Westbury (4-1-1).
Next up for St. Joseph's
The Bears have several days left to recover and will hit the road for a Skyline Conference tilt at Purchase College on Thursday, October 13, starting at 7 p.m. with live stats on SJCBears.com