NEW YORK — Hunter College scored two first-half goals and handed the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's soccer a 2-0 setback on Wednesday evening at Randall's Island. The game was called after 70 minutes due to rain and thunder.
- Final Score: Hunter 2, St. Joseph's 0
- Records: Hunter (2-3-1), St. Joseph's (2-3)
- Location: New York, N.Y. – Randall's Island
How It Happened
- Both squads felt each other out over the early moments before Brandon Fiscina broke the deadlock with a goal in the 11th minute.
- The Hawks pressed forward throughout the opening 45 and held an 11-3 shot advantage but Bears goalkeeper made six saves to keep the deficit at 2-0 at the intermission.
- Both teams combined to fire off five shots in the second half before the skies opened up and the game was called at the 70th minute, the minimum required for a regulation contest.
For the Bears
- Mateusz Georges, Michael Ortiz, Thomas Ambrosino and Pandeli Mano each put a shot on frame.
- Julian Rodriguez faced 14 shots and finished with six saves.
The Bear Facts
- It is the first meeting between the schools in the all-time series.
- St. Joseph's falls below .500 for the first time this season dropping their third straight.
Next up for St. Joseph's
Sitting at 1-0 in Skyline Conference play, the Bears will play three straight league contests beginning with a road tilt at Sarah Lawrence College on Saturday, September 17th starting at 5 p.m. at Tibbetts Brook Park.