PATCHOGUE, N.Y. — The St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) men's soccer team wrapped up play at SJC Long Island Tournament on Sunday afternoon and were handed a 5-0 loss by tournament champion Plattsburgh State.
- Final Score: Plattsburgh State 5, St. Joseph's 0
- Records: Plattsburgh State (5-0), St. Joseph's (2-2)
- Location: Patchogue, N.Y.
- Field: Danzi Stadium
How It Happened
- Plattsburgh State controlled play for most of the game, but again the Bears defended well and nearly went into the intermission trailing by just a goal before the Cardinals erupted for three goals in a span of less than three minutes to put SJC at a 4-0 disadvantage at the break.
- The Cardinals tacked on one more in the 14th minute of the new period for the final difference and held a 34-4 shot advantage for the game and a 10-2 corner kick discrepancy.
For the Bears
- Rookies Mateusz Georges and Antonio Vidal recorded the only shots on goal for the Bears. Thomas Mastoras fired off two shots rounding out the quartet of shots for the Bears.
- Freshman Julian Rodriguez made nine saves in 87 minutes of action in net before fellow classmate Juan Sandoval closed out the game and made a save in his only shot faced.
- All 16 eligible players saw action in the contest.
The Bear Facts
- It was the first meeting between the two schools in men's soccer.
- It was the first time St. Joseph's has been kept off the board all season.
- Plattsburgh State and New Jersey City University both went 2-0 over the SJC Tournament, but Plattsburgh State claimed the tournament title on goal differential.
Next up for St. Joseph's
The Bears will return to the field on Wednesday, September 14 facing Hunter College in a non-conference affair before opening three straight games in Skyline Conference play. Kickoff is set for 4 p.m.