WESTBURY, N.Y. — Sophomore John Condon (Oceanside, N.Y./Oceanside) extended his hitting streak to eight games and drove in a pair of runs, but the St. Joseph's College (Brooklyn) baseball team fell to SUNY College at Old Westbury, 11-2 and 3-0 on Sunday afternoon in Skyline Conference action.
- Final Score: Old Westbury 11, St. Joseph's 2 (Game 1); Old Westbury 3, St. Joseph's 0 (Game 2)
- Location: Westbury, N.Y.
- Field: Jackie Robinson Athletic Complex
- Records: Old Westbury (18-15, 8-8), St. Joseph's (12-17, 8-6)
Game 1: Old Westbury 11, St. Joseph's 2
- SJC Starters: Pasetti (2B), Linitz (CF), Rapp (SS), Condon (1B), LoPrinzi (C), Kennedy (DH), A. Camerada (RF), Schwartz (3B), M. Camerada (LF), Amatuzzi (P)
- The Panthers scored a pair of runs in the first and tacked on two unearned runs in the third to jump out to a 4-0 lead.
- The Bears were held to just one hit and one walk over the first five frames by Panther starter Vinny Negri before Old Westbury took a commanding lead with seven in the fifth.
- A John Condon two-out triple in the sixth scored Connor Pasetti and Francis Rapp who singled before him to spoil the shutout.
- John Condon finished 2-for-4 with a triple—the lone SJC extra-base hit—for his ninth multi-RBI game and 11th multi-hit game of the season.
- Connor Pasetti and Francis Rapp both had one hit and scored in the sixth.
- Nicholas LoPrinzi and Michael Camerada each contributed a hit apiece.
- Matthew Rienzi and Jonathan Schneider combined to shutout the Panthers over the last three innings. Rienzi worked a perfect frame in the sixth and Schneider tossed two scoreless innings, striking out two and allowing just one hit.
Game 2: Old Westbury 3, St. Joseph's 0
- SJC Starters: Linitz (CF), Rehn (2B), Rapp (SS), Condon (C), LoPrinzi (1B), A. Camerada (RF), Schwartz (3B), DeFillippo (DH), M. Camerada (LF), Pasetti (P)
- The game remained scoreless through three, but the Bears gained some scoring opportunities leaving three runners in scoring position to end the first and third innings.
- Old Westbury manufactured a solo run in the fourth on a two-out single by Louis Sileno but Bears starter Connor Pasetti worked through the Panther lineup holding them to three hits through five innings and it remained a one-run affair until a two-run home run by Tommy Zigen in the sixth added two insurance runs.
- St. Joseph's outhit the Panthers, 6-5, for the contest, but stranded eight runners in defeat.
- Pasetti went the distance on the mound, taking his second loss of the season to fall to 4-2. He allowed three runs on five hits, striking out one and walking one.
- Kevin Linitz, Luke Rehn, Francis Rapp, John Condon, Nicholas LoPrinzi and Adam Schwartz accounted for the six SJC hits—all singles.
- Condon extended his hitting streak to eight games while LoPrinzi extended his reached base safely streak to 13 games.
Next Up for St. Joseph's
The Bears host Lehman College on Wednesday, April 26 in a non-conference game starting at 4 p.m. at American Legion Field. Live stats and video will be available on SJCBears.com.