The Hill Center began construction in May 2012 and opened its doors in winter 2014.
The 40,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility located on Vanderbilt Ave. is the first new building on the Brooklyn Campus since McEntegart Hall Library opened in 1965.
The building is fittingly named after S. Elizabeth Hill, SJC's sixth president who retired in June 2014 was the driving force behind the development of this amazing facility and the growth of the athletic program on the Brooklyn Campus.
The Hill Center contains a number of outstanding amenities for the entire SJC community such as:
- A 270-spectator arena with NCAA-regulation basketball and volleyball courts with a premier sound system, scoreboard and full-color message board
- Eight full-service locker rooms
- Two exclusive SJC team locker rooms with wooden lockers, padded seats and custom broadloom carpets
- A team room/SJC athletes' lounge
- Aerobic/dance studio with state-of-the-art audio system
- VIP/Presidential Suite overlooking the arena
- An outdoor terrace overlooking Vanderbilt Avenue
- Multipurpose classroom with audio/video capabilities
- State-of-the-art fitness center with the latest Schwinn, Cybex, True, and Precor machines
- Our cardiovascular equipment includes treadmills, recumbent and spin-bikes, ellipticals, rowers, rope pulls, and stair master machines.
- 4 x 20’ inflatable batting cages
- Fully equipped sports medicine office with laser and electrical stimulation treatment machines, hot and cold whirlpools, and custom treatment and taping tables
- Ping pong tables and indoor tennis nets
- Underground parking garage with a capacity for up to 90 vehicles